PEANUT STEW WITH TOFU
Colourful and yummy. 4 persons
1 tbsp oil, 2 tsp grated ginger, 2 tsp soy sauce, 200 g of solid tofu, 3 carrots, 1 pepper, 1 tbsp oil, 2 tsp red curry paste, 2 dl coconut milk, 4 tbsp peanut butter, 3 dl water, 1 teaspoon sugar, rice for 4 people.
- Mix oil, grated ginger and soy for a marinade. Cut tofu into cubes and marinate.
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Rinse the carrots and shred with a potato peeler. Cut the bell pepper into thin lengths.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Quickly fry the curry paste in the oil.
- Add the coconut milk and lower the heat so the sauce boils. If the curry paste has clumped, use a whisk to dissolve it.
- Add the peanut butter in the sauce and whisk. Add water. Sprinkle with sugar. Let simmer for a few minutes. The sauce should not be particularly watery. If it is, you can fix it with a little cornstarch or wheat flour.
- Add the vegetables, let them simmer. Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper after desire.
- Heat a frying pan and fry the tofu cubes in the marinade to give them a surface. Put the tofu in the casserole and serve with the rice.